You will learn to carry out this alternative therapy treatment, balancing the chakra, focusing on the upper back, shoulders,arms, neck, scalp, face and ears. You will use a different range of techniques to carry out this treatment. The Indian head massage is performed over clothing and can be a versatile to where you perform the treatment, known as ‘chair therapy’. conducted in a work place, hairdressers, beauticians or a relaxation lounge.
You will be able to perform and carrying out a Indian Head massage based on ancient Ayurvedic principles. Indian head helps clients relive stress, reduce tension and improve flexibility. This treatment can also reduce head loss, premature balding and greying with helping scalp conditions. Indian Head Massage aims to reduce tension and increase flexibility in stressed and overworked muscles.Stress that accumulates each day both physical and mental, can cause a weakness in the nerves and can impair circulation of the vital fluids to the brain and thus cause tension and headaches. The skull might feel tight and heavy and the brain is unable to function properly. The best, easiest and most natural way to relieve these symptoms is by Indian Head Massage. Vitality increases as the circulatory and respiratory systems open up to provide fresh oxygen and vital energies plus many other benefits.
You will learn to perform the movements in sequence and confidently with your positive energy passed to your client.
- Health, safety and hygiene methods of practice
- Anatomy and physiology: structure of the skin, skeletal and muscular structure of the body
- Skin diseases and disorders
- Skin types and ph
- Equipment, implements and products
- Preparation of room and client
- Contra indications
- Contra actions
- Client consultations and record cards
- Benefits & effects of the Indian head massage treatment
- Carrier oils and their properties
- Massage sequences & movements
- Massage mediums
- Concept and history of Indian Head Massage & Ayurveda can be used
- Practical tuition to perform with confidence with positive energy
- Client aftercare advice