Bamboo Massage is a table massage or seated massage where the therapist uses warmed bamboo tools of varying lengths and diameter to roll, knead and relax muscles with deep tissue techniques and is beneficial in that it brings about increased circulation, relief of sore muscles and a deep state of relaxation. It is regarded as a body, face and limb massage that incorporates bamboo stalks of varying lengths and diameters to provide drainage, relaxation and reshaping, simultaneously. Bamboo symbolizes suppleness and resilience, straightforwardness and simplicity; and the massage satisfies two major needs: relaxation and well-being.
The benefits of Oriental Warm Bamboo Massage are increased circulation due to more surface contact, more pressure can be evenly administered to the client‘s body, pressure is effectively maintained for longer periods of time, effective deep tissue work can be done in a shorter amount of time, allows pain free deep tissue work for bodies with lots of hair, aids relaxation, eases muscles aches and pains.
With the bamboo massage we also work at three levels or experience; they are the potential for impacting and changing our clients’ responses. Those levels will overlap throughout the treatment and can be described as the physical, mental-emotional and spiritual levels.
Benefits to Clients:
- Increases circulation due to more surface contact
- More pressure can be evenly administered to the client’s body
- Pressure is effectively maintained for longer periods of time
- More effective work can be done in a shorter amount of time
- The warmth from the bamboo aids in relaxation
- Delivers an incredible sensation of relaxation and calm
- Reduces stress and fatigue
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Relieves muscular tension
- Aids in Lymphatic circulation
- Benefits clients both physically and emotionally
Benefits to Practitioners:
Using the bamboo sticks minimises stressing and straining the hands and fingers, while still allowing for deeply penetrating manoeuvres. At the same time, as we hold the bamboo sticks, that energy is transmitted to us, which will help us to maintain strong and healthy hands and wrists, the areas most susceptible to injury in our profession. Once you start working with the tools and learning how to feel through the bamboo they become an extension of your hands and fingers. But the bamboo is also a channel for us, taking our massage to more meaningful level, giving our work a new depth and dimension.
- History and benefits of Oriental Warm Bamboo Massage
- Piezoelectric and Pyroelectric effects of using Bamboo during massage
- Meridians and acupressure points
- Your working environment
- Code of Practice and Insurance for Therapists
- Health & Safety
- Data Protection/GDPR/Client Confidentiality
- Consultation including contra-indications
- Contra-actions/ aftercare advice
- Bamboo positions and terminology for Oriental Warm Bamboo Massage
- The Oriental Warm Bamboo Massage routine