You will learn to carry out this Microdermabrasion qualification. This is a non surgical method of skin rejuvenation by means of mechanical skin exfoliation. This is a pain free procedure that can be combined with other skin care treatments, facials and peels. Microdermabrasion is a simple effective process removing the stratum corneum with a diamond or plastic tip, and removes the dead cells with a vacuum suction machine.
It is non -invasive treatment designed to improve the overall texture, tone and clarity of the skin. The microdermabrasion will smooth out the skin leaving it fresh and regenerating new skin cells. The process also encourages the production of collagen and helps treat early signs of ageing. You can combine the treatment with other skin care enhancing the penetration of post products. You will learn to perform competent safe techniques with a sequence of movements using the electrical machine.
You will need a Facial & Skin Care qualification to study this course, we can offer a combine study. This will give you the knowledge of the Facial Skin Care area
During the microdermabrasion course you will be learning:
- Health, safety and hygiene methods of practice
- Anatomy and physiology: structure of the skin, skeletal and muscular structure of the face
- Skin diseases and disorders
- Skin types and ph balance
- Equipment, implements and products
- Preparation of room and client
- Contra indications
- Contra actions
- Client consultations and record cards
- Benefits & effects of microdermabrasion treatment
- Skin care, products & their properties
- Microdermabrasion sequences & movements using the vacuum suction machine
- Importance of the machine and understanding the equipment used
- Theory related to the Microdermabrasion
- Practical tuition to perform with confidence with the micro lance procedure
- Tactile test procedure
- Client aftercare advice
Qualification: Cardiff Nail and Beauty Training School Certificate.
All courses have insurance approved accreditation to enable you to obtain the necessary public liability insurance required to practise as a professional Massage Therapist